Re: Evolution 1.2 in sid

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 06:31:57PM -0500, Stephen Depooter wrote:

> > You can.
> > Have you check in the incomming mails server settings ?
> > I don't use eveolution to do the MTA job but trying to add a new
> > incomming server I see a 'remember my password' option.
> >
> > > Ok, i will search for it, it is rather anoying, that and the fact that
> > > you cannot erase mails you told it to erase, they will just be barred
> > > and stay there, unless you specify erase on exit, and even then it does
> > > not work all the times.
> >
> > You can.
> > In the view menu, check 'hide deleted messages' (translated from French
> > so it can be slightly different).
> >

> Indeed it is 'Hide Deleted Messages'.  Except that will only hide them.
> Choose to Expunge them (from the Action menu) to actually delete them.
> Better yet, hit Ctrl+E periodically to actually delete the messages that
> you marked as deleted.

Ok, thanks, maybe it should be 'expunge deleted messages' or 'expunge
messages' or something such.

That said, i was expecting a 'expunge this message' in the context menu
of an deleted message to have a bit more granularity, i expect many will
do. but then i suppose i should bring this upstream, which i will do if
this is not solved by the 1.2 release.

Friendly,

Sven Luther