Re: Theme packages ?

On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 16:37, Lucas Moreno Encabo wrote:

>  I was also thinking about having bluecurve available on debian. I made
> some packages time ago but not in a very good way... Hacking configures and
> Makefiles from redhat-artwork tgz.
>
>   Is there any legal problem about uploading it? Its a nice theme.

Yes, you're not allowed to call it Bluecurve, or to use this name. It's
a registered trademark of Red Hat.

You're better off fixing the package properly to allow changing the name
of the theme, and making the Qt theme, etc., optional. The "free" name
for the theme is WonderLand, afaik.

>   My bluecurve debs:
>
> 	ftp.esware365.net/pub/updates/gnome2/bluecurve/

See discussions about this on the GNOME desktop-devel list, in the
archives.

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net

Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything to add, but
when
there is no longer anything to take away.
						Antoine de Saint-Exupery