Re: Theme packages ?

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 04:53:35PM +0000, Ross Burton wrote:

> I spoke to Havoc (one of the RedHat developers) about this, and
> BlueCurve is a RedHat trademark. He said that other distros do not have
> permission to use that trademark, so it has to be renamed.
>
> Of course, this was "just" the developer, not the legal team, so we
> might want to put "our" people in touch with "their" people on this.

Trust me, you can't call it Bluecurve. ;-)

I'm hoping to make a release with a "configure --with-name=Wonderland"
type of feature. I'm not sure I can convince automake to do this, but
worth a try. Otherwise you probably have to do "make install" and then
a lot of mv/sed action as part of the packaging. I could actually put
the mv/sed action in our spec file and leave the tarball name as
"Wonderland" instead of "Bluecurve"

> Also, if the Makefile hacking does stuff like disabling the Qt themes,
> you want a newer redhat-artwork as I submitted patches to Havoc to give
> ./configure options such as --disable-qt-themes. I'm not sure if he has
> actually done a new release with these patches in yet.

No, I'm a loser.

Havoc