Re: Gnome2 syncing with Palm Pilot

Hi,

  Just to add more info, Finally I managed to get my
pilot to sync under gnome2 (Big thanks to Justo Perez
and Robert Schueler for their help). Under gnome 1 I
had a link /dev/pilot pointing to /dev/ircomm0 and I
was able to sync my pilot with "gpilotd" with no
problem using the infrared port. Upgraded to gnome2
and it stopped working for no reason (the deamon
didn't respond).

  I changed the /dev/pilot link to /dev/ttyS0 and
tried to sync with the normal cradle and no success
either but setting up gnome-pilot to work directly
with /dev/ttyS0 worked with NO problems although if I
set gnome-pilot to /dev/ircomm0 doesn't work again :-(
Note that pilot-xfer works in any combination of this.

So my thoughts on this are:

 - gpilotd (under gnome2) doesn't like links in
   /dev/pilot, it wants direct access to devices
   (at least on my computer)

 - gpilotd (under gnome2) doesn't work using the
   Infrared port.

 - pilot-xfer still works (as expected).

Hope this helps to someone else!

=====