Re: Stupid problem w/ panel

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 03:53:59AM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > > The docklet has been removed in panel 2.0
> > The system-tray-applet is still there, however. And its role is to display
> > docks - on my desktop, it shows gnomemeeting, acme and gaim's docks.
> system-tray-applet has only recently been proposed for addition to GNOME
> 2.2, so don't rely on it just yet.

I seperately packaged it for Debian because it makes my work on Gaim to
add the tray icon useful. It'd be even more useful if I uploaded some
Gaim snapshots to Debian that had the thing included, not the fossilised
gtk1-based stable bugfix-only version currently there. Soon I will.

For the uniniated, system-tray-applet implements the tray icon
specification on freedesktop.org, which is also implemented in the
system tray applet in KDE CVS (pending 3.1). So Gaim isn't GNOME-ified
any more, it's desktop independent. Wooo.

> - Jeff

Regards,
Rob