Gnome 2 installation from sid: gnome: Depends: xscreensaver-gnome but it is not going to be installed

Hi everybody:

Me again, trying to install gnome 2.  gnome-utils seems to have been fixed.
now something else is new.

I get the following message as I've been trying to install gnome from sid.  I
think by now the mirrors are up to date.
When I 'apt-get install gnome', I get

gnome: Depends: xscreensaver-gnome but it is not going to be installed

So, when I 'apt-get install xscreensaver-gnome', I get:

xscreensaver-gnome: Depends: libcapplet0 (>= 1:1.4.0.1-6) but it is not
installable
.,.

when i do a search on packages.debian.org, i find that libcapplet is not
available.

I think there's a loose end somewhere.  BTW, i'm using i386 arch.  can anyone
help?

wilmer