Re: Gnome 2 installation from sid: gnome: Depends: gnome-utils (>= 1.106) but it is not going to be installed

Wilmer Alberto Lau wrote:
> Hi everybody:
>
> I get the following message as I've been trying to install gnome from sid.  I

> think by now the mirrors are up to date.  I've install gnome-utils but things

> still don't work.  Does anyone have any idea what's wrong with my
> installation?
>
> wilmer
>
>   gnome: Depends: gnome-utils (>= 1.106) but it is not going to be installed

Hi, I'm having the same problem. I looked at:
http://packages.debian.org/gnome-utils
and the version in unstable is indeed still gnome-utils 1.4.1.2-6. I looked at
the gnome2 experimental chroot I installed a few days ago, and that has
gnome-utils 2.0.5-2. I guess gnome-utils got left out of the transition
accidently. The gnome metapackage is listed under the Version mismatch section
of:
http://ftp-master.debian.org/unmet-deps/unmet-unstable-i386.html
because of this problem.

Thanks for your attention,