Re: galeon-snapshot

Le jeu 31/10/2002 à 13:48, Koenraad Heijlen a écrit :
> On 31 Oct 2002 13:32:13 +0100 Xavier Bestel <xavier.bestel@free.fr>
> wrote:
>
> > Oh joy ! A new galeon-snapshot appeared, and it's working like a champ
> > !
> >
> > Is there a way to have xft in the gecko widget ? A pref to modify
> > somewhere, or an option to tweak when rebuilding mozilla-snapshot ?
>
> /etc/mozilla-snapshot/prefs.js
>
> around line7:
> // TryeType
> pref("font.FreeType2.enable", true);
> pref("font.freetype2.shared-library", "libfreetype.so.6");
> [...]

Ok, it half-works in fact.
Not all fonts are antialiased, I don't know why. I choose Microsoft
TrueType fonts for Serif and Sans, but when I visit e.g. Slashdot, some
fonts still have jaggies.

And then, page rendering times are very very long now. Six seconds at
100% CPU to render slashdot.org, for example.
I have loads of truetype fonts.

Is it normal, doctor ?