Re: SV: Gnome 2.0 antialiased fonts

Sven LUTHER <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:

> On Wed, Oct 09, 2002 at 03:01:16PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:

[...]

> Quotting /etc/gdm/factory-gdm.conf or /etc/gdm/gdm.conf :

> Mmm, should have read that :((

> # File which contains the locale we show to the user.  Likely you want to use
> # the one shipped with gdm and edit it.  It is not a standard locale.alias file,
> # although gdm will be able to read a standard locale.alias file as well.
> LocaleFile=/etc/locale.alias

> Mmm, same here, and /etc/locale.alias has all the locales in it :

> français        fr_FR.ISO-8859-1
> french          fr_FR.ISO-8859-1
> galego          gl_ES.ISO-8859-1

> So they should appear also in the menu of gdm2, should they not ? But i
> only get empty submenus.

Quotting /usr/share/doc/gdm2/NEWS.gz :

- The locale.alias file now can have a list of locales to try for
  each language.  We also don't list locales that don't work.  This
  way by default we can use the .utf8 locales if they exist.

Then if /usr/lib/locale is empty no locale are displayed.

Christian