Re: Gnome2 hangs for 30 secs in startup.
- To: Stian Jordet <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Gnome2 hangs for 30 secs in startup.
- From: Stian Jordet <email@example.com>
- Date: 07 Oct 2002 00:32:24 +0200
- Message-id: <1033943545.1003.4.camel@chevrolet>
- In-reply-to: <1033942875.1003.1.camel@chevrolet>
- References: <1033928380.13496.2.camel@Endor> <1033929007.5117.3.camel@chevrolet> <1033934503.4549.111.camel@pingu> <1033942875.1003.1.camel@chevrolet>
man, 2002-10-07 kl. 00:21 skrev Stian Jordet:
> søn, 2002-10-06 kl. 22:01 skrev Edd Dumbill:
> > On Sun, 2002-10-06 at 19:30, Stian Jordet wrote:
> > > søn, 2002-10-06 kl. 20:19 skrev Mark Nelson:
> > > > Hi Stian,
> > > >
> > > > Could you try saving your session when logging out, and then retry
> > > > logging in? For a long time I had the same problem with gnome2 starting
> > > > up very slowly, and once I saved the session all of a sudden things
> > > > startup *much* faster.
> > > That did NOT help. Heh, I still have that 30 sec delay when the text
> > > "Window manager" appears, but this time I also get a 30 sec delay at
> > > "Sawfish Window manager".
> > I used to get this delay when the current window manager wasn't
> > configured at all. ie. the gconf key
> > /desktop/gnome/applications/window_manager/current
> I'm actually missing this key. What can be the cause for that?
> And Edd, sorry for the off-list reply. Didn't notice before now.
Argh, I'm blind. Sorry. But it didn't help.