Re: transition status

On Sat, Oct 05, 2002 at 12:00:41PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Ok, so we're doing pretty well on our transition plan.  Only two
> packages remain with the "2" suffix in experimental or unstable; namely,
> nautilus2 and file-roller2.  Takuo and Sebastien, could you guys upload
> new packages without the 2 suffix to experimental?  Please send a note
> to me when you're planning to do the upload so I can also update the
> metapackage.  Thanks!
>
> After that, the next big step is to get the user settings transition
> scripts working.  Christian, have you made any progress on this?  I
> remember you said you'd started on it a while ago.  Now that Red Hat 8
> is out, we could look at their packages to see what they've done.  I
> guess this is still partially pending on the "When to run upgrade
> scripts" thread on -devel.
>
> At least in our case though, we could pretty easily hack gnome-session
> so it would test whether the user had a ~/.gnome but not a ~/.gnome2,
> and offer to run the transition scripts then.  Make sense?

Just curious ?

I suppose gnome2 will be able to use either .gnome or .gnome2, with
priority to the latest.

Is there not another way to discriminate between both of them ? In the
worst case, we could put a file in the directory when it is using
gnome2, and check for it's presence ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther