Re: gnome2 => gnome && GNOME on Debian page

On Fri, Oct 04, 2002 at 04:52:23PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Fri, 2002-10-04 at 16:46, Sven LUTHER wrote:
>
> > Nice ...
>
> Thanks :)
>
> > Mmm, how is the solution you propose for AA better than using
> > /etc/environment as other people suggested here ?
>
> That way it works also for the GDM login screen.

But you need gdm2, right ?

Anyway i did as you told, but there was no AA fonts in gnome, so i
reverted to the previous idea of modifying /etc/gdm/Session/Gnome, and
it works well.

the font selection preference still freezes gnome though.

Anyway, if we are moving gnome2 to unstable, this may well be something
worth of a debconf question or something such, in one of the gnome or
gtk2 packages, or maybe we should provide a Gnome-AA session ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther