Re: status of gnome2 transistion

Le Thu, Sep 26, 2002 at 05:44:45PM -0400, christophe barbé écrivait:
> in experimental before uploading it to unstable, you simply create yet
> another stage. It can be the goal of a few developers but that is not
> the current debian scheme.
>
> I can't find a good reason to keep gnome2 outside of unstable, it's
> stable enough and the remaining issues are not going to be solved
> without users.
>
> Raphael: I remember reading during the DL election about creating a new debian archive level
> along stable/testing/unstable. I don't remember if it was in your
> platform but I am sure no decision has been made on this. So let's use
> unstable as it is supposed to be.

That's what I want since the beginning. But not everybody agreed. We
flamed a lot, we asked the committee which did nothing. This is the only
intermediate resolution that I can reasonably promote without launching
yet another flamewar ... so that's what I'm doing. I hope for sure that
they won't be in experimental for long and that they'll move into
unstable ASAP.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com