Re: *Some* preference applets missing from menu (but not control-center)

Jeff Waugh wrote:
<quote who="Michael Toomim">

I deleted those files.  I even dpkg --purged all gnome2 packages, checked
that there was no /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0 directory, and then installed all the
gnome2 packages again (noticing that the /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0 directory came
back) and after a single reboot, I've lost the preferences menu-items
again!

So I don't think that this is the problem.

Do you have a ~/.gnome2/vfolders/ directory?

- Jeff

Yes, and I just happened to notice that gnome 2.0.2 was released, checked out the release notes, and read about the potential problems ~/.gnome/vfolders. I renamed that directory, and it seems to work again! Yeay!

Thanks!

Michael