Re: *Some* preference applets missing from menu (but not control-center)

James M. Cape wrote:
On Sun, 2002-09-15 at 07:48, Andraz Tori wrote:

exactly the same thing here

haven't figured out what's wrong yet...

have a nice day
andraz tori

These are the files you should have in /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0/vfolders:
	applications.vfolder-info-default
	applications-all-users.vfolder-info
	preferences-all-users.vfolder-info
	favorites.vfolder-info
	start-here.vfolder-info
	server-settings.vfolder-info
	system-settings.vfolder-info

Anything else you should delete. (IIRC, the exact file causing the issue
you describe is "applications.vfolder-info".)

I deleted those files. I even dpkg --purged all gnome2 packages, checked that there was no /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0 directory, and then installed all the gnome2 packages again (noticing that the /etc/gnome-vfs-2.0 directory came back) and after a single reboot, I've lost the preferences menu-items again!

So I don't think that this is the problem.