Re: MS Verdana fonts and friends don't work with Gnome 2?

Ole Laursen wrote:
Hi!

After the last upgrade, my Gnome 2 programs seem to have lost the
ability to use the truetype fonts from Microsoft (installed via
msttcorefonts). They don't show up in the font chooser dialog under
desktop settings, either. Anyone know what's wrong?

I was able to fix this by installing x-ttcidfont-conf, and then debconf gave me the following helpful message:

x FontPath of TrueType and CID managed by defoma is changed x x x x TrueType and CID font paths which defoma manages are changed again. It x x now becomes: x x x x FontPath "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/CID" x x FontPath "/var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfont-conf.d/dirs/TrueType" x x x x x x Please edit /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, /etc/X11/fs/config and/or x x /etc/X11/fs-xtt/config. x

I edited all the relevant files to contain the font directories, and everything worked again (after restarting X).

Good luck,

Michael