Re: MS Verdana fonts and friends don't work with Gnome 2?

This one time, at band camp, Dominik 'Aeneas' Schnitzer said:
> On Tue, 2002-09-10 at 21:46, Ole Laursen wrote:
> > Hi!
> >
> > After the last upgrade, my Gnome 2 programs seem to have lost the
> > ability to use the truetype fonts from Microsoft (installed via
> > msttcorefonts). They don't show up in the font chooser dialog under
> > desktop settings, either.
>
> I've got this problem too. I couldn't pin the error down, since the
> gnome-core libs, the msttcorefonts and Xfree were updated on the same
> day. (xfree to 4.2.1-pre1, msttcorefonts 1.1). Thanks for any help or
> hint :-)

I had a similar issue, but it looks like I fixed it, at least for me.
msttcorefonts changed around where everything went, so as to close a bug
about defoma compatitbility, IIRC.  Restarting xfs after adding the new
font path fixed it for me, I think.  All of this is from my (admittedly
dim, right now) memory, as I'm not at that box right now.

HTH,
Steve

--
Humor in the Court:
Q: What is the meaning of sperm being present?