Re: GNOME2 in experimental

On Thu, 2002-09-05 at 16:24, seb128 wrote:
> Le jeu 05/09/2002 à 22:13, Michel Dänzer a écrit :
>
> > Why don't they apt-get -t experimental install gnome2, as indicated on
> > http://www.hadess.net/idoru.php3, which is linked from
> > http://www.gnome.org/start/2.0/ ?
>
> Because gnome2 is a meta-package, and it's broken most of the time (one
> missing depends and install doesn't work). So the easiest way to upgrade
> all gnome2 packages is to use dist-upgrade -t experimental ...

I don't seem to have recieved any bug reports from you.

Since I'm on powerpc, I still build packages manually from time to
time.  This means I may not be totally in sync with what's happening on
i386 in experimental.  The only way I'll know about and be able to fix
problems on i386 with the gnome2 package is if you file well-researched
bug reports.