Re: GNOME 1 ABI involving libpng

[Sorry for not replying soon]

>>> Akira TAGOH <tagoh@debian.org> writes:
>> this RTLD_GLOBAL issue isn't related libpng3 because gtk+2.0 loads
>> the image loader module without RTLD_GLOBAL.  If I'm wrong, please
>> let me know.

MEM>  The use of RTLD_GLOBAL is not something that the glib client requests
MEM>  or decides.  This is hardcoded in glib.  You have to patch glib to stop
MEM>  it from using RTLD_GLOBAL.  The change will automagically propagate
MEM>  down afterwards.

I see. but I won't apply it to glib, because it may becomes
a reason a compatibility is lost between ours and other
distro. I think this is the same reason as you said.

To another solution, if there are an architecture which has
broken RTLD_GLOBAL on Debian, I'll apply a patch to stop the
glib2.0 build. it will keeps a compatibility on Debian.
Then, in order to solve a problem like libpng3 issue
completely, I'll apply a patch like Red Hat did for
gdk-pixbuf. it means the image modules will be loaded
without RTLD_GLOBAL.

Is this enough for you?

Regards,
--