Re: Unable to properly maintain my packages due to png troubles

Robert McQueen <robot101@debian.org> writes:

> You do not need libpng2-dev installed to maintain GNOME 1 packages in
> unstable. You do not need libpng3-dev installed to maintain GNOME 2

Then why does libgnome-dev now (as of 1.4.2-4) depend on imlib1-dev
(which depends on libpng2-dev, which conflicts with libpng3-dev, which
I would like to use by default)?  Everything seemed to be okay for a
bit, but then this extra dependency came along and broke things again.

Finger amu@monk.mit.edu (NOT a valid e-mail address) for more info.