Re: Unable to properly maintain my packages due to png troubles

On Sun, Sep 01, 2002 at 07:18:27PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> > 1) why Steve didn't send a new message to all the G1 maintainers, asking
> >    them to ignore his previous email and to use imlib+png2?
>
> Because imlib+png2 didn't happen when he sent the mail at first.

Err, in fact I wrote "a new message" and "ignore his previous email"

> > 3) the most important question: libpng will be fixed to be able to
> >    install both libpng2-dev and libpng3-dev at the same time?
>
> My decision is to make it Never happen, so that applications
> cannot be satisfied its build-dependency if such cases happen
> where libpng2 and libpng3 are going to be linked at the same time.
>
> However, that has not happened.

Well, this is a sad situation .. luckily a gtk2 port is in progress for
all my G1 packages, so hopefully a day I'll be able to drop libpng2-dev.

Best Regards,
--
Davide Puricelli, dpuricelli@tin.it
Debian Developer: evo@debian.org | http://www.debian.org