Re: Question about GtkText - error compiling GnomeICU

On Fri, 30 Aug 2002 11:27:26 +0200
Raphael Hertzog <rhertzog@hrnet.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was trying to compile Gnomeicu 0.98.111 for Gnome2 but it failed
> during linking :
> gtkfunc.o: In function `read_next':
> gtkfunc.o(.text+0x235d): undefined reference to `GTK_TEXT'
> gtkfunc.o(.text+0x238b): undefined reference to `GTK_TEXT'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> After a bit of investigation, it appears that gtk/gtktext.h starts with:
> #ifdef GTK_ENABLE_BROKEN
>
> Does anyone know what that means ? I have libgtk2.0-dev 2.0.6-1.
>
> Is GtkText obsolete in Gtk2 ? Should GnomeICU use something else ?
> In the mean time, you may want to add the required -D so that it
> compiles out of the box.

Gnomeicu should start using the GtkTextView widget. I guess this requires
a partial rewrite. To be fully GTK+2.0 compatible, the following flags should
be used in the Makefile:
        -DG_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
	-DGDK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
	-DGDK_PIXBUF_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
	-DGTK_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
If you use these, you will find a lot more 'undefined references'.

> Cheers,
> --
> Raphaël Hertzog -+- http://www.ouaza.com
> Formation Linux et logiciel libre : http://www.logidee.com