Re: [gnomeicu-support] Question about GtkText - error compiling GnomeICU

Le Vendredi 30 août 2002, a 11:27, Raphael Hertzog a ecrit :
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to compile Gnomeicu 0.98.111 for Gnome2 but it failed
> during linking :
> gtkfunc.o: In function `read_next':
> gtkfunc.o(.text+0x235d): undefined reference to `GTK_TEXT'
> gtkfunc.o(.text+0x238b): undefined reference to `GTK_TEXT'
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> After a bit of investigation, it appears that gtk/gtktext.h starts with:
> #ifdef GTK_ENABLE_BROKEN
>
> Does anyone know what that means ? I have libgtk2.0-dev 2.0.6-1.
>
> Is GtkText obsolete in Gtk2 ? Should GnomeICU use something else ?
> In the mean time, you may want to add the required -D so that it
> compiles out of the box.

I don't really know if GtkText no longer exists or if it's just
deprecated, but what's sure is that the code where there is the problem
is useless (look at read_next() and you'll see an unconditionnal return
statement). This code is commented in cvs.

In fact, I recommend you to make a package from a cvs snapshot.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas presses.