Re: Nautilus2 from gnome2/woody reposiroty crash

TiRi-DJ <carlosdg@usuarios.retecal.es> writes:

> I have a Debian Woody 3.0 machine with a P!!! 550 128Mb RDRAM
> When i start nautilus2 all all seems to work, but when the system need more
> resources nautilus2 crash and all the computer is paralised and i must use
> "The Reset Swich"
> Someone have the same bug?

See this thread :

http://lists.debian.org/debian-gtk-gnome/2002/debian-gtk-gnome-200207/msg00253.html

I have the very same bug, and I'm trying right now to diagnose the
problem. To see if it's debian related I built garnome for a test user
on my box, and it exhibits the same problem.

Then I disabled all Xaa acceleration for my X system, which solved the
problem. But the system was to slow for use.

Now I'm trying to find which specific acceleration is offending by
reenabling them one by one. It might take some time as I have other
things to work on with that computer, but expect a post on this list
when I find the offending acceleration.

--
Rémi

`Debian: giving you the power to shoot yourself in each
 toe individually.' -- with kudos to Greg Lehey