Re: Need volunteers to reproduce a gnome-terminal bug

I have this kind of problem with gnome-terminal2 too, it seemed to
happen when i was using a font with an incorrect charset for the one
defined in my locale.

For example, my whole desktop is using the locale fr_FR.ISO-8859-1, if i
start gnome-terminal2 this way :
$ LC_ALL=ja_JP.eucJP gnome-terminal &
and having a common font, it causes the kind of problems you describes
(especially with french special chars like é, ù and so on.

The problem was "solved" by setting all my desktop in fr_FR.UTF-8. But
only partially solved only : now french special chars can't no longer be
seen... while i'm using a (good) unicode font (-efont-fixed-*-10646-1 or
any msttcorefont)... in fact the gnome-terminal doesn't seem to
understand the multibytes chars and display them bad, but I no longer
have the problem you describe.

Julien