Re: Gnome 2 transition

Le Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 01:48:49AM +0200, Jordi Mallach écrivait:
> On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 11:12:18PM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > We push Gnome2 in sid, but we fill RC bugs that will prevent Gnome2 to
> > enter testing. This is easily done by blocking "libgnome2-0" for
> > example.
>
> This means that no bugfixes to 1.4 packages in testing will ever reach
> testing users.

Christian sent fixes/patches for Gnome 1.4 to the corresponding Gnome
maintainer since the outcome of Gnome2. He never applied the patches...
it's more than likely than you won't have many updates to Gnome 1.4.

BTW, this is a well know problem of our system, and as I mentionned, I
want us to fix it (I said so in my platform for leader election and now
that woody is released, I'll bring back the idea as soon as aj decides
to post his mail about what went wrong and what needs to be changed).

http://www.debian.org/vote/2002/platforms/raphael#release1

Cheers,