Re: Gnome 2 transition

On Tue, 2002-07-23 at 17:12, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hi,
>
> after that long debate ... I'll propose the more consensual way to update
> Debian to Gnome2.
>
> We push Gnome2 in sid, but we fill RC bugs that will prevent Gnome2 to
> enter testing. This is easily done by blocking "libgnome2-0" for
> example.
I would like to see this as well since I would like to use Gnome 2
without the hassle of dealing with the experimental archive.

> That way, people who want to keep using Gnome 1.4 can by using "sarge"
> (aka testing). That leaves us time to polish Gnome2 in unstable. We'll
> push Gnome2 in testing only once all the little details have been
> resolved (either by us or by upstream updates ... Gnome 2.0.2 ?).
I proposed virtually the same thing on the weekend.  However the reply
was that Gnome 1.4 bugs would not be able to be fixed then either since
they would not be able to propogate from unstable to testing.

--
Stephen Depooter
<sbdep@myrealbox.com>