Re: Gnome2 for woody

On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 00:41, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> It's a pity we rehash the same discussion again and again. Gnome2 works,
> Gnome2 is "stable" as far as upstream is concerned. So Gnome2 can go in
> unstable ...

Then do it NOW. The reason the same issues are discussed over and over
is because there is confusion all around, because some packages are g2,
some are not, and some might even have the 2 suffix.

Personally, I don't care much if it's g1 or g2 in sid, but the status
quo with this unholy mixture is really annoying. If you're doing without
xxx2 pkgs and a proper transition period, fine, but do it now, so users
don't have to remember on every apt-get run that they cannot upgrade foo
b/c that's already g2, but they should upgrade bar b/c that's g1 and
corrects some bug...

cheers
-- vbi

--