Re: gdm2 and fonts

As root do this to get antialiased fonts:
echo "export GDK_USE_XFT=1" >> /etc/gdm/Init/Default

To enable 100dpi fonts because 75 were enabled on mine by default
(perhaps why they look ugly for you too) do this:
sed -e 's/command=.*/command=\/usr\/etc\/X11\/X -dpi 100/'
/etc/gdm/gdm.conf | cat > /etc/gdm/gdm.conf

The only thing I don't know how to get is for the stuff in gdm to be
antialiased.  Good luck.

p.s. sorry evan for sending it to you twice, i kept on forgeting to add
the list to the cc.