Re: metacity-setup .debs

On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 16:30, Colin Walters wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 09:51, Ian Wienand wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 08:46:41PM +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > >
> > > All these files aren't supposed to be in the diff:
> > > +++ metacity-setup-0.6.1/intltool-extract
> > > +++ metacity-setup-0.6.1/config.guess
> > > +++ metacity-setup-0.6.1/intltool-update
> > > +++ metacity-setup-0.6.1/config.sub
> > > +++ metacity-setup-0.6.1/intltool-merge
> >
> > How do I stop these getting into the source?  config.guess &
> > config.sub seem to be included as per /usr/src/automake-dev, which I
> > can handle.  But I can't figure out how to stop intltool-* getting
> > packaged in.

Build from a clean source. You probably built it a number of times using
the same archive which contained files that didn't get cleaned up before
the diff is generated.

> Err.  Wait.  config.{guess,sub} SHOULD be included in the .orig.tar.gz.
> They're part of the upstream build system.  I don't know about intltool,
> but I assume it's similar.
>
> Are you adding them as part of your build process?  If so, why?  If
> they're not part of the upstream distribution, then they're likely not
> needed.
>
> Ah, wait; I have a guess: are you building this package straight from a
> CVS checkout, and the upstream uses an autogen.sh style script to
> generate the autotools?  In that case, hopefully upstream supplies a
> 'make dist' makefile target, which you can use to make a tarball that
> includes all the autotools, so you don't have to include them in your
> Debian diff.

His upstream is not quite up to scratch. The intltool programs aren't
supposed to be in the tarball. They should be generated from their .in
counterpart by configure.

As for config.guess and config.sub, I really don't know.

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net