Re: Can't use some fonts

On 03 Jul 2002 11:10:55 +0200
Xavier Bestel <xavier.bestel@free.fr> wrote:

> Le mer 03/07/2002 à 10:55, Xavier Bestel a écrit :
> > With the new font system for GTK+2, there are some fonts I can't
> > use. I can't see them in the gtk selector (e.g.
> > gnome-font-properties), I can see them in the gnome-terminal2 profil
> > editor but when I select them it doesn't do anything. I'm restricted
> > to Andale Mono and Courier (I like setting my gnome-terminals to
> > various xfonts-gimpers).
> >
> > Any setting to tweak for xft/pango (I didn't touch anything) ?
>
> Apparently it's because my system uses iso-latin-15, and these fonts
> are iso-latin-1 (the ancient version). But then why are they listed in
> the gnome-terminal2 menu ?

In fact, are you sure those missing fonts are vectors fonts, like TTF ?
If you use Gnome2 with Antialiasing set on (USE_GDK-XFT=1) that's just
normal you can't see non vector fonts. Gnome-terminal2 seems to use
another way to get fonts, for exampl, i can't tell him to use Bitstream
Cyberbit, and some others fonts i would like...

Julien