Bad nautilus2 fonts (all courier)

I can't get the normal nautilus2 fonts to look decent. My gtk2 application font is verdana, and my desktop nautilus font is Matisse, but all fonts in the nautilus window are courier.

This is with GDK_USE_XFT=1. When I had xft disabled, I think that the nautilus font was just sans (which isn't too great either). I'm guessing that it is still trying to use sans, but drops down to courier since sans doesn't work with XFT.

But shouldn't nautilus be using verdana, like all the other gtk2 applications? I couldn't find an option anywhere to change the nautilus font (even in gconf). Any idea how to fix this?

A screenshot is attached.

Thanks,

Michael

JPEG image