Re: gnome-vfs package uber broken on ppc

On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 02:06:07PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:

> If you hack Makefile.am then you should run automake.

I'd say it's the other way around -- if you run automake, then you
should definitely hack Makefile.am.  If you don't, then you need to
hack Makefile.in, but you may still want to hack Makefile.am for
reasons I outlined earlier (documentation, protection if someone
*does* run automake).

I, at least, would feel very uncomfortable hacking Makefile.in without
hacking Makefile.am, even when the latter hack doesn't actually
provide any immediate benefits.

> Do you know the compatibility problem between automake version ?

This wasn't aimed at me, but I'll respond: yes, I'm all too familiar!
:)

--
Chris Waters           |  Pneumonoultra-        osis is too long
xtifr@debian.org       |  microscopicsilico-    to fit into a single