Re: GNOME-2 transition: a first complaint

On Sat, 29 Jun 2002, Marek Habersack wrote:

> From: Marek Habersack <grendel@debian.org>
> Subject: Re: GNOME-2 transition: a first complaint
>
> there are some people out there who still use S3 cards or similar old junk.
> For them the process of resizing a window is painful with opaque mode.

Actually, no. I used to use enlightenment on a 486DX2 80 Mhz, with 24MB
of ram, and a trident card with 1MB of ram, which qualifies as your 'old
junk' ;), and while it took a while to -begin- dragging a window in o-
paque mode, the actual window dragging was quite smooth.
Maybe the situation is different with sawfish, but then I think it's
sawfish' fault, not an error in the config.

Kind regards,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout