Attempting to install GNOME 2.0

Hello.  I have been reading the web archive of this mailing list, trying to sort out how I can install GNOME 2.0 on my Debian desktop system.  (This is the first time I have attempted to do anything with experimental packages.)

I have added these lines to /etc/apt/sources.list:

-- cut here -- cut here -- cut here -- cut here --
# Debian Experimental (GNOME 2.0!)
deb ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian ../project/experimental main

# GNOME 2.0 metapackage first-cut
deb http://people.debian.org/~walters/debian/staging/ ./
deb-src http://people.debian.org/~walters/debian/staging/ ./
-- cut here -- cut here -- cut here -- cut here --

I have added these lines to /etc/apt/preferences:

-- cut here -- cut here -- cut here -- cut here --
Package: *
Pin: release a=experimental
Pin-Priority: 1000
-- cut here -- cut here -- cut here -- cut here --

And I updated.  I attempted to install the "gnome2" package.

gnome2 depends on nautilus2.

nautilus2 depends on libnautilus2.

libnautilus2 depends on librsvg2-2 (>= 2.0.0).

I cannot seem to find any librsvg2-2 at all.  Other GNOME 2 packages seem to depend on librsvg2-1, which does exist.  Is there a librsvg2-2 coming, or is there a problem in the dependencies for libnautilus2?

If libnautilus2 actually wants librsvg2-1, is there a way for me to convince apt to install?  I know that I could manually download the libnautilus2 package, and then use dpkg with --force-depends, but it would be more elegant to be able to just tell apt to force depends.

Thanks for any help.
--
Steve R. Hastings    "Vita est"
steve@hastings.org    http://www.blarg.net/~steveha