Re: Gnome 2 summary 12/06/2002

Christian,
     Actually as far as I'm concerned esound 0.2.27 should
be in unstable as well. If you look at ftp.gnome.org you
will find esound 0.2.27 is in /pub/GNOME/stable/sources/esound
along with the rest of the current gnome 1.4.1 stuff. So
we are actually failing behind on keeping gnome 1.4.1 current
as far as esound goes. I suspect part of this is the totally
unmaintainable diff setup with esound instead of patches.
     Also, does anyone know what the default alsa is for unstable
these days? I had the impression it was alsa 0.9 now. Certainly
upstream has declared alsa 0.5 as depreciated. We should make
a significant effort in debugging alsa 0.9 on the lesser used
arches. I re-forwarded one of Ryan Murray's alsa-libs patches for
mips which got lost in the alsa-devel spam filter. Here on
debian ppc sid, alsa 0.9.0rc1 works nicely with the snd-powermac
driver. I am also able to use the libesd-alsa0 0.2.27 package
with alsa 0.9 and it works fine here as well.
                    Jack