Re: Package names in GNOME 2

On Sat, 2002-06-15 at 17:39, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> There was a discussion about it just before you posted. Maintainers are
> sticking with the *2 package names until everyone's comfortable moving to
> G2D as the default GNOME desktop in Debian sid.

Which I see now (I hadn't bothered to read the Nautilus thread because I
didn't think it was applicable).

If the plan for woody+1 is to have GNOME 2 as the only GNOME, and the *2
packages are only a transitionary point, that's fine with me. However,
in the end I believe it will be prudent to change the GNOME 1.4 packages
into their GNOME 2 counterparts and drop the *2 packages altogether.
(Thus mitigating the two points I mentioned.)

--
Joe Drew <hoserhead@woot.net> <drew@debian.org>

Please encrypt email sent to me.