Re: Install

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 20:24:36 +0200
Julien Portalier <julien@portalier.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:59:21 +0200
> PirAh <PirAh@ravenwizards.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi!
> > 	I've been trying to install the gnome2 -beta5, I've put the 'deb
> > 	ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian ../project/experimental main' line
> > 	on my sources.lists
> > and tried to do an 'apt-get install gnome-session2 metacity
> > gnome-panel2 gnome-terminal2 gnome-utils' and the apt breaks telling
> > me that it has unmet dependencies, is there any problem, am i doing
> > something wrong?
> >

> Are you running Woody or Unstable ? That would explain the dependancy
> problems. Many packages are in unstable, and not in experimental, and
> everything in experimental is commpiled with unstable's libs. In the
> case you're running woody, you should add the unstable (sid) line to
> sources.list, and do the apt-get you gave above.

 Thanks! It has worked, I have Woody, like you said, as long as I put the
sid lines. Now i have another problem, it always starts with Window Maker as
default wm. I can't get to start with Metacity as default. I've been trying installing
gnome-control-center2 but you can't change oyur default wm with that and the
old one doesn't work for this. Maybe I can get Gnome2 running some day! ;)

Xabier