Re: Install

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:59:21 +0200
PirAh <PirAh@ravenwizards.com> wrote:

> Hi!
> 	I've been trying to install the gnome2 -beta5, I've put the 'deb
> 	ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian ../project/experimental main' line
> 	on my sources.lists
> and tried to do an 'apt-get install gnome-session2 metacity
> gnome-panel2 gnome-terminal2 gnome-utils' and the apt breaks telling
> me that it has unmet dependencies, is there any problem, am i doing
> something wrong?

Are you running Woody or Unstable ? That would explain the dependancy
problems. Many packages are in unstable, and not in experimental, and
everything in experimental is commpiled with unstable's libs. In the
case you're running woody, you should add the unstable (sid) line to
sources.list, and do the apt-get you gave above.

Julien