Re: Loss of functionality in GNOME 2?

On Sun, 2002-05-26 at 21:38, Jochen Voss wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> while packaging the GNOME 2 version of gnome-utils I noticed
> that about half of the included programs are gone (for example
> stripchart and the GNOME time tracker).
>
> And until now I did not find any GNOME 2 program, which would
> display my machine's load or swap/memory usage (I used the
> cpumemusage applet before).
>
> Does anybody know: are these programs really removed?  Are
> there replacements?  Or did I just not look carefully enough?

gtt was removed because the upstream author didn't port it, and
stripchart because it sucked badly. I tried to get the upstream author
of stripchart to put a decent UI on top of the app, but he didn't do it,
so stripchart was removed.

See the gnome-2 list from around november for discussions.

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net