Re: Setting up gnome-applets2 (1.103.0-1) ...

On Sat, May 25, 2002 at 11:23:29PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> >> "JV" == Jochen Voss <jvoss2@web.de> writes:
> > From what I saw (using netstat and "lsof -i") I think
> > it is scrollkeeper, who tries to be smart and to download
> > some missing DTD from somewhere.
> Which scrollkeeper version ?

I currently have scrollkeeper version 0.3.8-1 installed.
During todays upgrade the problem appeared again, so I could
gather some information:

While the installation hang, I tried the following:

    automatix:~# lsof -i
    COMMAND    PID USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE NODE NAME
    [...]
    scrollkee 1363 root    6u  IPv4   5073       TCP automatix.mathematik.uni-kl.de:1219->www.oasis-open.org:www (SYN_SENT)

The connection was blocked by our firewall, because it did
not use the proxy server.  After about a minute a timeout
occured.

I filed bug #148220 because of this.

Jochen
--