Re: debugging symbols

On Wed, 2002-03-13 at 13:40, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Akira TAGOH">
>
> > Basically all of binary files is stripped by dh_strip. it's described on
> > debian policy. the packages which I maintain has -dbg package instead of.
> > if need, you can use it.
>
> What worries me is a large number of Debian users testing G2D, and
> submitting useless bugs. That's going to suck.

Especially because the main reason for people to be using G2D at this
point is hunting down bugs (and other major problems) in the desktop,
its rather silly to optimize needlessly. Debug symbols really don't
cause much of a performance hit, and the extra download time is IMO
quite justified for the improvement in bug-hunting.

-Seth