Re: debugging symbols

<quote who="Felix Breuer">

> I have reported a bug in the nautilus1.1 package to bugzilla.gnome.org.
> However the stack trace of the crashed nautilus is rather uninformative as
> most of it says "no debugging symbols found". How do I rebuild the source
> package of nautilus1.1 to contain debugging symbols, so that I can submit
> more helpful bug-reports?

That's a serious problem; why aren't these packages being built with full
debugging information? It's *crucial* for testers and bug reporters. With
the current situation, none of these bugs will be even remotely useful for
GNOME developers.

The GNOME 2.0 Desktop has not been released yet; *please* modify these
packages to build with full debugging info.

Thanks,

- Jeff

--
   I don't know whose brain child it was, but it was quite an ugly child.