Re: GNOME 1.4 Status

Hi,

I've been trying to build the new imlib 1.9.10 debs, but I keep
getting "unknown substitution warnings" for the "$(shlibs:Depends)"
substitution in the imlib1 "Depends" field.  The control file was
unchanged from the imlib 1.9.8.1 to the imlib 1.9.10 packages.  I did
a search for past postings regarding this issue.  All of them seem to
point to problems during a link-time or dh_shlibdeps not being run.
However, my builds don't indicate any such problems.  Considering that
the files in the `debian' directory remained essentially unchanged,
except for the Debian changelog file, when I was building the imlib
1.9.10 debs, I'm at a loss as to what could be the cause of the
problem.  Turning on DH_VERBOSE in the rules didn't seem to indicate
any problem with dh_shlibdeps (no output whatsoever from this).  Any
ideas?  I'd be glad to send my build log if that would help.

Thanks,
-Ossama
--
Ossama Othman <ossama@ece.uci.edu>
Distributed Object Computing Laboratory, Univ. of California at Irvine