Re: Debian and GNOME, partnership with Helixcode?

On Tue, Mar 21, 2000 at 08:31:01AM -0500, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > The Debian packages, however, are *not* found in the GNOME ftp
> > site. Why aren't they included and mirrored?
>
> Because nobody did contribute them.  Every binary on the site was
> contributed by someone.  For example, recently we got mail from a
> TurboLinux user, and he provided us with the packages for TurboLinux.

We have done, in the past.  I started a movement which ended with
gnome 1.0 debs on gnome.org, if I remember correctly. Miguel - if, at
release time (e.g. of 1.2 or 2.0) you want debian packages, the place
to bug is debian-gtk-gnome@lists.debian.org.

Jules

--
Jules Bean                          |        Any sufficiently advanced
jules@{debian.org,jellybean.co.uk}  |  technology is indistinguishable