Re: Symbol `gtk_object_check_cast' missing

Hi Otto,

Sorry for the late reply, I am only occasionally reading this list...

On Mon, Jun 05, 2000 at 12:10:52PM +0200, Otto Wyss wrote:
> To compile the FM filemanager I need to have the missing symbol

What is FM? Yeah, a filemanager ;) Where can I find it?

> `gtk_object_check_cast'. The author of FM told my it should be in the
> gtk 1.2 development package. While I think I have installed any gtk 1.2
> packages from potato I'm still missing this symbol. Could anybody tell
> me in exactly which package I need?

There is only GTK_CHECK_CAST in the upstream GTK sources so
gtk_object_check_cast won't be in the Debian package. But I guess
you aren't naming the right symbol or something...

Do you have an error message? Do you get it at compilation or run time?

> Is there a possibility to "grep" through a list of debian packages to
> find any arbitrary string?

Yes.

cu
    Torsten

--
Torsten Landschoff           Bluehorn@IRC               <torsten@debian.org>
           Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Committee Member