Re: Helix GNOME packages for Debian available for testing.

Hi,

> How's about splitting up those -themes packages?? 16M is just too big
> for a package that could be split up IMHO ...
>
> Having gtk-theme-minegtk, gtk-theme-photon etc. would be a much better
> solution I think ... the same for sawfish-themes. It would also save
> people having to download a 16M (for gtk-themes) os 5M (sawfish-themes)
> package when just 1 or 2 themes have been updated ...
A point of view of a user.
I don't think it's a good idea to follow One Theme - One deb policy since
that way we would have dozens and dozens of new debs, which wouldn't be
nice and practical. But I think All Themes - One deb isn't the best way,
too. I'd split'em in maybe 4-6 debs so that themes that tries to emulate
the look and feel of other operating systems would be one package, all the
themes that use ThinIce engine would be another package and so on. Theme
packages with themes, how does that sound?

Regards,
Tuomas Jormola <tj@sgic.fi>
Not a Debian developer or a Gnome hacker
but an eager user of both