Re: Updated status of GNOME in potato

On 30 Sep 1999, Michael Alan Dorman wrote:

> I think it's dumb that they're doing it.  I can *almost* understand,
> in that they've said the changes they're considering are last-minute
> updates to translations, but I still think it's dumb.

FWIW I believe the reason is that the tarballs are not released, they are
just being assembled for release. A fine line I suppose. Anyway
technically you should wait for the release announcement, but since the
tarballs won't change much you can go ahead and have the packaging ready
based on the pre-release.

That is how I understand it...

Havoc