Re: BUGLIST - hints / observations

Boris Erdmann wrote:

> BUGLIST:
>
> - panel does not start any more on the first gnome session
>
> - All applications now have ~/.gnome-desktop instead of ~/ as their
>   start directory - very ennoying!

Ok. The second is a result of the first. After panel did not start
with the first session, I right-clicked into the root window and
got a terminal launched from _gmc_ which had ~/.gnome-desktop as
current directory. Thus my terminal resided there and calling panel
inherited that into the session for panel. From then on all
apps started from panel had that directory by default.

Now there is two questions: Why does panel do not start with the first
session? Is it ok, that gmc launches apps with ~/.gnome-desktop as
current directory?

> - applets dont save their preferences any more - very ennoying!

Having observed the above i logged out and edited ~/.gnome/session
by hand correcting the wrong "CurrentDirectory=" entries.
NOW: the first session after having done that my applets managed to
load their correct applet properties.

So it seems that applets save their properties, but under "normal"
circumstances at startup dont get/find them or get forced by session
manager to forget them?

> - several applets dont work any longer
>   -> cpu load, mem load, swap load, esd-vu-meter (dont know the name
>      it simply vanished)

This is an .xsession-error log when i try to add the cpu load applet to
the panel:

---
Gdk-CRITICAL **: file gdkwindow.c: line 849 (gdk_window_move_resize):
assertion `window != NULL' failed.

Gdk-WARNING **: GdkWindow 0x180070f unexpectedly destroyed
Gdk-Message: Got event for unknown window: 0x180070f