Re: BUGLIST - longer each update

On Wed, Jun 30, 1999 at 09:39:24PM +0200, Boris Erdmann wrote:
> - All applications now have ~/.gnome-desktop instead of ~/ as their
>   start directory - very ennoying!

How are you starting Gnome?

> - colors in gnome term have disappeared again i.e. dselect and
>   other are displayed b/w again instead of red and blue

gnome-terminal in gnome-core 1.0.7 has some snotty comments about
maintainers setting the TERM type to xterm-color/xterm-debian. I've
left it as "xterm" to be safe atm- mutt still comes up in colour...

> - applets dont save their preferences any more - very ennoying!

again, this isn't universal...

> - several applets dont work any longer
>   -> cpu load, mem load, swap load, esd-vu-meter (dont know the name
>      it simply vanished)

> - panel does not start any more on the first gnome session

... and these

> I dont accuse anyone here, it simply worries me what comes next.
> I dont even know if these are upstream issues or simply untested
> debian issues.

Frustratingly, a lot of these problems (which I recognise are
intensely annoying to the people getting them) simply aren't things
that happen to me- the packages are tested insofar as I use the latest
versions and they work here, and afaik I'm doing things the "right"
way...

Hopefully, i'll get time to have a real sort out and get these things
replicated on arise. Non-duplicatable bugs are the bane of an
engineer's existence. :(

SRH
--
Steve Haslam               Debian GNU/Linux               araqnid@debian.org
orbit, gnome-libs, gnome-core, gnome-control-center, gdm, p3nfs,